Please see Useful Links to search for PhD postdoc positions.
[SIAM-DY] Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Dynamical Systems, University of New South Wales, Sydney
Applications are sought for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow position in Smooth Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems in UNSW’s School of Mathematics and Statistics. Although experience in both Smooth Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems is preferred, all candidates with strong qualifications in Dynamical Systems and related fields of research are encouraged to apply and will be carefully considered.
About the role
• $ 89,051 – $96,677 plus 17% superannuation
• Full-time position for a fixed term of up to 2 years with availability of extension of up to a further year.
• No teaching duty is required, but there may be opportunities if desired.
This position is funded by an Australian Research Council Discovery Project Grant. The successful applicant will play a leading role within a collaborative research team led by Gary Froyland and Cecilia Gonzalez-Tokman (University of Queensland), including researchers from the Centre de Physique Théorique, Luminy, Marseille and the Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Research, Department of Physics, Utrecht University.
The core of this project is the development of ergodic-theoretic frameworks and statistical limit law theory for non-autonomous or driven dynamical systems, focusing on differentiable and measurable analysis methods. These new techniques will be implemented and applied to dynamical systems models of the ocean and atmosphere
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
• PhD in Mathematics, or near completion, preferably in Ergodic Theory or Dynamical Systems.
• Demonstrated ability to publish in internationally refereed journals relative to opportunity.
• Demonstrated high level analytical and problem-solving skills supported by a strong publication record.
An applicant may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online at:
If the above link does not work, search for position number “60801” atwww.jobs.unsw.edu.au
Prof. Gary Froyland
T: (+61) 2 9385 7050
Applications close: 15th February 2018.